The CellSearch® Circulating Tumor Cell (CTC) Test is a simple blood test that captures and assesses CTCs to determine the prognosis of patients with metastatic breast, colorectal or prostate cancer.
Using CellSearch® CTC technology we offer a specialist service in order to help clinicians effectively manage the treatment of patients at a metastatic stage of disease.
Why choose us
- Rapid turnaround times, within 96 hours of blood being drawn
- Testing in CPA and GCP accredited laboratories
- Secure Portal Access (SPA) giving easy access to electronic reports in real time
- Specialist (CTC) identification and enumeration service for clinical trials
- Further characterisation of cells, available based on immunohistochemistry, FISH and gene expression analysis
About CTCs and CECs
The AutoPrep® System fully automates and standardises the blood sample preparation process whilst the unique cartridge format of the Analyser II makes fully quantifiable CTC/CEC measurements possible.
- The CellSearch® Circulating Tumour Cell Kit is FDA approved for in vitro diagnostic use
- The enumeration of CTCs in metastatic breast cancer is a proven prognostic indicator
- Can be used for many other epithelial origin carcinomas (e.g. colon and lung)
- A valuable tool for the monitoring of patient progress in clinical trials
- Can assist patient management in directing or re-directing therapeutic regimes
- Generates supportive data through the additional profiling of isolated cells
This platform technology can also be utilised to analyse circulating endothelial cells (CEC's), important in vasculitis associated with cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory disease, as well as angiogenesis in cancer.
Specialist profiling of isolated cells
Specialist staining can also be carried out on isolated cells. This includes HER2, EGFR and other cell differentiation (CD) markers. Indeed any FITC labelled commercially available antibody can be validated and utilised in parallel with the CellSearch® System.
Progenitor cells may also be isolated for analysis.
Order a test