No other automated imaging system can offer this feature
- The system detects morphologic changes associated with epithelial abnormalities and specimen adequacy
- Removes the requirement for expensive locums
- Assists with LEAN working practices
- Supports 14 day turnaround time
- Complements existing laboratory workflow
- Each slide is scanned 5 times
- Can be used with multiple sites
- Both glass and plastic coverslipps can be used
- Can be integrated with Laboratory Information System
- Minimal operator intervention
- All training and support provided by Source BioScience
- Remote diagnostic monitoring
Approval by the NHS Cervical Cancer Screening Programme ('NHSCSP')
The FocalPoint™ NFR is the only automated cervical screening system approved for use within the NHS cervical screening programme. The FocalPoint™ NFR was approved following recommendations from the Health Technology Assessment MAVARIC trial, which was published in March 2011*. The trial demonstrated both the clinical performance of the FocalPoint™ NFR and cost benefits compared with manual screening.
*Kitchener HC, Blanks R, Cubie H, Desai M, Dunn G, Legood R, et al.MAVARIC - a comparison of automation-assisted and manual cervical screening: a randomised controlled trial. Health Technol Assess 2011;15(3).